Monday, April 4, 2011

Meal and week plan

The Mexican food fiesta was a big success. It could have been because of the watermelon margaritas but I’m pretty confident everyone liked the food. The chili relenos was by far my favorite. It was the first time I’ve ever made them that way, casserole type. I will never make them another way again! I can’t wait for chili season so I can make up several dozen dishes to freeze. Also, because it was hot out and we were trying to minimize the heat in the house, my husband offered to grill the veggies for the calabicatas so I only had to warm them on the stove vs fully cooking them. I don’t think it made that much of a taste difference but it made a beautiful visual presentation!

This weeks meal plan is pretty light. Two items from my itty bitty freezer stash and some good ‘ol standby’s.

Monday: Cran-Pig over rice with broiled asparagus
Tuesday: Homemade chili (I’ll post the recipe tomorrow as I make it up)
Wednesday: Manicotti with a side salad and breadsticks
Thursday: Eggs, bacon, sausage and Monkey Bread with cream cheese frosting

We’re heading out for a quick family camping get away Friday night and plan on being back Sunday afternoon. I’m really looking forward to getting away from the world for a bit and reconnecting with my workaholic husband. Not sure yet where we’re going. My only requirements are somewhere we can get with in an hour or two and a flat piece of ground for the tent and a full sky of stars above.

Friday night: Fire roasted hot dogs (sounds almost fancy huh!)
Saturday AM: Pancakes, eggs, bacon
Saturday Lunch: Ham and cheese and cabbage salad
Saturday Dinner: ?
Sunday Breakfast: Cheese Eggs

This week I need to get everything ready for the camping trip, get my Easter/Spring decorations out (way late!) and I really need to dust my house, it’s bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment