Monday, April 18, 2011

I do believe, I do believe, I do, I do, I do!

Once you become an adult all those fun, motivating, exciting and mythical beings that use to spoil us move on to the next generation. In general I'm grateful, my kids have been blessed with some great gifts from the Tooth Fairy, Santa spoils them beyond their wildest imagination and we all know about those naughty leprechauns.

However, every once in a while, I still wish upon a star and daydream about House Cleaning Fairies, Laundry Godmothers or bunnies other than the dust ones that frequent my house. I sometimes long for the days when the excitement of a legendary holiday visitor would tear me out of bed at the crack of dawn with fulfillment of wishes I didn't even know I had. These guardians of childhood innocence took a personal back seat and faded with each calendar year I added gleefully to take the reins again when the addition of my own children reinvented my love for them. But, this morning at 3:02 am precisely, I was visited by my very own mythical fulfiller of wishes: The Starbucks Fairy!

When I woke up this morning at 6 am and was lazily perusing my email, pondering how I was going to function today with five kids under 5 years old, no working dryer and piles of laundry, I came to this email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Enjoy your Starbucks Card eGift

Hi Jennifer,
Your Priority Motivator wanted to make your day so they’ve sent you a $25.00 Starbucks Card eGift to spend on your favorite beverage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How phenomenal is that! No name, just "your priority motivator." I giggled! Yes, giggled, when i read it and I got out of bed with a spring in my step!

I guess this means I should accomplish the things I said I would if I had $25 in Starbucks money. I wouldn't want the Starbucks Fairy to think I'm ungrateful or unworthy.

Starbucks Fairy, wherever your caffeinated home is, I hope you heard my child-like giggle and know that you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment