Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

What a great Easter. I feel almost as exhausted as I do after Christmas for some reason though! This weekend was non-stop! Brad de-constructed our laundry room (more on that to come), Princess Mia had to be cleaned before her holiday, we had shopping to do, bunny cakes to make, eggs to dye and baskets to assemble. (shh!) Egg hunts, family meals and wine to be drank!



 Her royal blow-dry (not sure if that's the front or back!)

The gifts from the Easter Bunny -
 Hailey left the Easter Bunny a gift (some change she found put into a small box) and Anthony left a note asking the Bunny to take a break and enjoy some snacks as a thank you for all the gifts from the past, the present and the future. He also asked what the Bunny's name was.

The Easter Bunny's Reply:
_________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Anthony, Hailey and Makenna,
Thank you so much for the snack, I really needed it! I hope you don't mind but Princess Mia came out with me a bit tonight to help. Thank you for taking such good care of her. I did promis her that I would tell you she would like more strawberries, they're her favorite.
Anthony - My real name is kind of embarrasing, I'll tell you but you have to keep it a secret. It's Melvin, Everyone just calls me EB.
Hailey - Thank you for the present. It was so nice of you, I am going to spend it on something nice for myself.
Makenna - Hop Hop!

I love you three, see you next year!
EB
_________________________________________________________________________________

Anthony got a very nice snorkle set for the pool, here he's showing off his mask. I'll just keep this one for the wedding slide show. 
 The bunny cake that the girls and I made:
 Sorry for the smudgey picture, I didn't realize there was a little girl fingerprint on the lense.
This is a close up of the mini cakes we made, aren't they cute!
 The customary family Easter picture.
 Easter egg hunting

Black egg hunting! The black egg is hidden by B-pa and is the hardest to find. Who ever finds it though, gets the money inside, usually $20. This year, B-pa went a little over the top and was saying that no one would ever find it (what's the fun in that!) but he was a good sport and gave Anthony ton's of clue's that made him think and reason it out. Finally it came down to "hot or cold." It was somewhere between Anthony and the girls. No one could find it.  (Do you see Mia in the backround laying on the grass? She had her own outdoor pen she could roam around on the grass in today)
 Finally B-pa had to help.

Luckly, despite the fact that he didn't actually find it, Anthony got the money.

Dinner was great, desert was rich and the kids were in bed by 7:30pm! Brad and I quickly went around and stashed all the candy out of sight and are ready to collapse into bed. Tomorrow is tornado clean up. Hop everyone had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment