Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Balsamic chicken with sundried tomatoes over egg noodles

This turned out better than I expected. I found the basic recipe on the back a can of cream of mushroom soup but modified it for our tastes and servings. I was looking for something light-ish, kid friendly and easy to make. I picked up the light cream of mushroom soup with intentions of making tuna noodle casserole even though it didn't sound good in the store. I couldn't think of anything else, it was one of those cooking brain-fart moments. This sounded a bit better than the tuna so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll be adding this to my recipe list to make again.

4 chicken breasts, diced
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp lawrys seasoning salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup diced sundried tomatoes
2 stalks celery, diced
½ onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
1 bag egg noodles

Cook egg noodles according to the package.
In large sauté pan, sauté the chicken in the butter until browned and almost done, then add the celery, onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2 min.’s over medium high heat then add the can of mushroom soup and the water, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5-7 min.’s stirring occasionally until combined. Once egg noodles are done, pour the sauce into the noodles, mix and serve or you can dish out the noodles and spoon the sauce over separately. I splashed a little more balsamic on the adult’s plates and served with some fresh diced sundried tomatoes on top as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment