Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bountiful baskets tropical pack

Have you joined Bountiful Baskets yet? Really it's simple, worth it and a great experience in food! You order on Monday, pick up on Saturdays. It usually only takes me 30 min.'s round trip on Saturday mornings.
Here's everyone lined up:





Here is a picture of the baskets waiting to be claimed. (the $3 first time basket charge pays for the white baskets to store your produce until you pick it up)





This is a bad picture but cut me some slack, it was early, I only had 1/2 of my coffee and was on auto pilot. These are ready for me to pick up. One fruit and one veggie white basket equals one order. Make sense? I had two orders.





This weeks basket offered a tropical pack for the first time. I'm so excited about it!






The tropical pack included:
1 pineapple
1 coconut
3 mangos
1 lime
2 lemons
1 star fruit
2 fresh vanilla pods
Large bag of fresh mint

The last time I bought vanilla pods they were jarred from McCormak and I think I paid $8 for two pods. They were dry and yielded very little pulp. The tropical pack with everything above was $10.50 and the vanilla is wet, soft and so fragrant! The mint alone is probably another $8-10.

This is the tropical pack and regular basket combined:






The basket this week had:
1 bunch celery
1 large crown broccoli
2 bags carrots
6 small cucumbers
1 yellow onion
3 organic romain lettuces
3 small bags radishes
1 bunch banana
1 cantaloupe
1 clamshell strawberries
7 apples
6 mangos


I think we're going to have a tropical feast tonight!

Mango mint mojitos
Brown sugar grilled pork tenderloin with mango pineapple salsa
Jasmine lime and cilantro rice
Tropical green salad with star fruit and lemon lime balsamic vinaigrette
Coconut tres leches cake with caramelized bananas

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment