Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weekly meal plan 1/6/10

Oops, its Wednesday and I’m just now getting this up. Sorry.

Monday
Dinner: Pizza and AMAZING Waldorf inspired Salad

Tuesday
Dinner: Fried eggs over brussel sprout hash with French Toast casserole

Wednesday
Dinner: Asparagus pesto flat iron steak with pasta (how many times can I put this on the menu before I actually make it? I swear, I’m making it tonight!)

Thursday
Dinner: Pork and Hominy stew

Friday
Dinner: Eat out

Saturday
Breakfast: Apple muffins and fruit salad
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Garlic Cashew Chicken


The Waldorf Inspired Salad was so delish! It was lettuce, carrots, red grapes, walnuts and the crunchy apple strings from here, tossed with blue cheese dressing. I had to have seconds and barley touched my pizza. The case of apples is totally worth it just to make the crunchy apple strings for this salad. Seriously, run out, buy some apples and make these, then make the salad, you won't be disappointed!

The Brussel Sprout hash may sound a bit odd, and this picture does not do it justice but it was divine!

I par-boiled some fresh brussel sprouts till they were just barley soft. Then I sautéed up peppers and onions, added in some frozen tater tots (did you know they make the BEST hash browns?!) then added in the brussel sprouts. A few pat's of butter and a good sprinkle of salt and pepper and viola - Brussle Sprout Hash. Perfect perch for a few over medium fried eggs.

This is one of those meals that almost looks healthy because of the bright green from the brussel sprouts, but lets face it folks, there is probably more calories in this one meal than we should eat in one day. Maybe that's why it was so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment