Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bountiful Basket


Wow, what a basket this week! We were warned that due to the hard freeze on most of the US that the crops were low thus our baskets may be small. It was missing some of the standards but it made up for it in the curious extras.
7 Apples
5 Bananas
5 Mangos
1 Cantaloupe
1 Clamshell of Strawberries
8 Mini-pears
3 Yellow Squash
2 Heads of Cabbage
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
1 Bunch Spinach
12 Small Sweet Potatoes
15 Sunchokes or Jerusalem Artichokes

And I ordered an extra case of Strawberries as well as 12 dozen tortillas.

I have no idea what a Sunchoke is but I look forward to figuring it out! Here's what they look like:



Look at these pears, aren't the the cutest thing EVER!


1 comment:

  1. I miss my baskets.....I did get the stuff to make my green smoothies again though!

    ReplyDelete