Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cabin and other fevers

(***Yea right! Who forgot to remind me that this was not a day off for me but a sick day for the kids. I'm lucky if i can go pee today with out a girl in my arms! Oh well, I got the puree's done and the frozen yougert has been a sore throat miracle)



Well, the girls are still sick. They seemed better this weekend but yesterday and today their fevers are back and they sound like 80 year old lifetime smokers. Not to mention the seal bark of a cough they both have. Fun! Needless to say, we've been grounded. I feel like it's been forever since we could go to the park, walk around Target or go to music class so I'm suffering from canon fever. The reality of it is that I was at Target on Friday, Grocery store for 3 hours on Sunday and the park sometime last week but none the less I'm feeling a little closed in!

So, I've opened all the blinds, done my hair, put make up on and am cooking yummy treats.

I peeled and sliced the 6 mangos from my bountiful basket then pureed them. Some went into a sheet pan and is in the oven for fruit leather. Some I diced and set aside for mango chicken wraps tomorrow. I pureed the rest with two clam shells of strawberries and froze ice cubes with half of that and am making frozen yogurt with the rest.

I stemmed two artichokes for Hailey and me to eat after nap time.

I put a steak in the crock pot with some random Asian seasonings. If it turns out good I'll share the recipe. Once it's done I'll sauté up some veggies and serve it over rice.

I'm making a brownie pizza that I'll top with a cream cheese spread and fresh strawberries then baste with an orange glaze.

Humm, what else can I make? I'll come back in a bit with more and pictures.***

No comments:

Post a Comment