Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weekly meal 1/31/10

I'm a bit behind on my week. That happens sometimes, even to the 1950's housewife. *smile*
My little (he's 23, so not so little!) brother is here and we've been spending a lot of time together.
I haven't even done my grocery shopping for the week. Bad huh! It would help if I had made up my meal plan before just now. I'll post the recipes and steps for Wed, Thur and Sat's meals. You know it's a good meal plan when you can't wait to make each dish! If you are going to make these and need the shopping list beforehand, just leave a comment or email me and I'll get it out to you.

Monday
Dinner: Vegetarian lasagna* (freezer stash)

Tuesday
Dinner: Peanut Pad Thai Pork with Peanut Butter Slaw (freezer stash)

Wednesday
Dinner: Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken

Thursday
Dinner: Albondigas soup (Mexican meatball soup)

Friday
Dinner: take out

Saturday
Breakfast: breakfast burritos
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Asparagus pesto stuffed flat iron steak over pasta

Sunday
Linner: (Super bowl party) Ham and Cheese Sliders

*The veggie lasagna was wonderful! Not quite as rich as store or restaurant ones but it was better lighter and packed with way more veggies. The only thing was that it was very watery. I think it because we didn't sauté the veggies first like the recipe called for. We shredded all our veggies so we didn't think they would need the sauté to soften them. Now I see that it probably would have helped lower the water content. This version still tasted great but it would have made a better presentation if the water was removed from the veggies first. I think if you lightly salted the squashes and let them sit in a colander for a bit it would drain just as well and with put the added oil of the sauté.

No comments:

Post a Comment