Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seriously?!?!


Lets play a game.....Which one of these doesn't belong: The calm, occupied children? The toy free, still clean living room? Or is it option 3, The dirty socks discarded off my husbands feet left there last night and still there this morning?
Did you guess option 3?
DING, DING, DING!!!! You are correct!!

See, here's the fundamental flaw in being a 1950's housewife in a modern world. When you pick up and clean everything for those around you all the time, they begin to not even think twice about doing it themselves. They subconsciously expect that you will do it. I say subconsciously because I know, if/when my husband sees this post he will be embarrassed and retort that he is perfectly capable of picking up his dirty socks, he was just very tired (he came home from work at 10pm after going in at 6am) and this morning he didn't see them because he was in a hurry....and....and...and. He would never consciously think, "eh, why pick them up when I know Jen will do it." If I ever believed for a second that the man actually had that thought, I'd be a 1950's scandal story of the divorced mom. But, the fact remains that there are dirty socks right in the middle of the floor in my perfectly clean house.

So, what to do? Leave them until he gets home and either notices that his last night socks are still there; see's this post and comes home to retrieve said socks; or just add todays dirty socks to the floor since obviously, if I wanted them cleaned up I would have done it?

Once again we're back to the fundamental flaw. I can not stand the dirty socks on my floor all day, it killed me to leave them long enough to take the picture. So, the socks are in the proper laundry basket with the rest of yesterdays dirt laundry. So, what has my husband and by association my children learned? If you leave it where it doesn't belong, Mom will take care of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment