Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My night away

Yea! Tonight is my once monthly Bunco group. It's a group of 12 women all related in one way or another. We eat, drink, laugh and share stories of childhood and motherhood. I look forward to it every month. Not to mention the fact that I leave the house at “the witching hour” and don't return till everyone's long asleep. Brad gets a night to play both mom and dad. But, if you haven't figured this out yet, I'm warped, I leave him a spotless house, home made dinner ready to eat (this is where those frozen meals from big baking/cooking days come in handy especially since I forgot to put the roast in the crock pot this morning!) and the kids are already bathed and jammied. I figure it's a small price to not have to play 20 questions tonight.....
"What’s for dinner?"
"Do I have to eat that?"
"Can I have water instead of milk?"
"Why can’t I sit in the big kid chair?"
"Can we watch TV with dinner?"
"Why not?"
"Why not?"
"Why not?"
"Why not?"
"Why is it night-night time?"
"Do I have to go to bed?"
"Why?"
"Why did you said so?"
......... And on and on it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment