Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mega cooking/baking day

I am planning a mega baking day for next Thursday with my cousin. This will be our third one together. The first was focused on apples (sauce, bread, pie, chicken, etc..) the second was Christmas cooking (lasagna, quiche, marinara sauce, meatballs and a crock pot corn dish) and this time we're going to make healthy dinners. I think it's our most ambitious menu yet. Here's our agenda:

4 trays of Mediterranean Spinach Strata
4 trays Garden-Style Lasagna
4 Chicken broccoli Casseroles
4 Enchilada Casserole with ground turkey
4 Green chili shredded beef roasts
48 Whole wheat dinner rolls
48 Whole wheat breadsticks

I'll post the recipes for the Green chili shredded beef and the bread later in the recipie tab as both of those are my recipes and I don't yet have a link for them. My cousin and I split up the grocery list between Costco items and Grocery store items. It usually ends up pretty even that way. We are going to start around 9 and are usually done around 6pm. It’s a lot to do but the two of us work great as a team, cooking, cleaning, chopping, prepping, drinking…..

I’ll post pictures as we go, it’s an amazing sight to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment