Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday - Updated

Oh Mondays, how I hate thee! Yes, even us stay at home mom's hate Mondays! My house always looks like a tornado originated under my roof, every weekend. So, game plan for the day: dishes, since at some point my little 5 used EVERY dish, cup and fork we own; laundry all 4 loads washed, folded and put away ( I hate laundry!!); toy round up and I promised my hubby I would clean up the girls room today so we can actually go in to give them night-night kisses instead of blowing kisses from the door; vacuum the 10 lbs of dirt ground into my carpet and mop the tile. I could swear I just did all this on Friday!

Dinner tonight is shredded BBQ beef on homemade whole wheat rolls with brussels sprouts and brown rice.

My no fail shredded beef:
Beef roast (I'm all for any cut of roast that's on sale - todays is a chuck roast)
4tbsp seasoning salt - I use these rub seasonings my brother gave me called Bolners Fiesta Brand Extra Fancy Rib Rub, but any seasoning will work.
2tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar (this is the key to a tender, easily shreadablr roast every time!)
1/4 low sugar BBQ sauce
1/2 sweet onion cut into slivers

Cook in crock pot on high till the internal temp reaches 160 (I live and bake by my digital thermometer - if you don't have one, grab yourself a Bed Bath & Beyond coupon and $20 and get one)
Once the temp is reached (depending on your crock and if the roast was frozen or thawed it can be 4-6 hours) move to a cutting board to cool. Strain juices in crock pot and add in the rest of the bottle of BBQ sauce and switch to low. Shred beef when cool enough to handle then transfer back to the crock pot. It's ready to eat right away or after about an hour on low will warm it back up. Serve in tortillas, over rice, in a sandwich or on rolls. Yum!

Alright, off the computer for me now, my first laundry load just finished and the dishwasher is almost done. What does your To-Do list look like today?

******************

Well, today was mildly successful for me. I accomplished everything except the one thing I promised I would do. Oops, ugh! I had full intention of getting the girls room cleaned I just ran out of time. I'd say tomorrow but I have to sew. More on that tomorrow.

On a funny note, I lost my youngest today. Ok, so, obviously not seriously, duh! When Makenna is quiet it usually means she's up to something he's not suppose to be. One time I found her stuffing tampons into the toilet, repeaditly flushing. I earned a new skill for the resume that day, "tampon fisher." Today, however, she was no where to be found, not responding to Hailey or me calling her. I would have panicked but the doors and gates were still locked so it was just a matter of finding her. On my SECOND sweep of her room I pulled her blankets back and caught a glimps of her. She had burried herself under her pillow, blankets and stuffed animals and was asleep! (this was 10ish when her regular nap is noon) Her room is such a mess that I didn't even notice the extra lump in the bed! Oops, guess I really need to clean in there. She was so out that she didn't stir the first time I went in calling her, turning on the lights and clearing a path to look in the closet. When I pulled the sheets and pillow back further the second time to make sure she was ok, she sat up, gave me the evil eye and pulled the pillow back down. Guess she was really tired!

1 comment:

  1. Could you post the meal plan the day before.....this way I can decide whether or not to show up "unexpectedly" for dinner....LOL!
    I love this stuff, since when did I become addicted to your life?

    ReplyDelete