Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Urge to Purge

This yard sale is going to be the death of me. Want to see my OCD at its finest? Come to the yard sale.
Every room in my house has been purged and that’s only ¼ of the junk I have for the sale. We have so much stuff accumulated from other people every time I’ve said “I’m going to have a yard sale.” Yet, I never have. Want to know why I haven’t had a yard sale before?

O.C.D

I can’t just open up the doors and say have-at-it. I have to:
Organize
Clean
Group
Showcase
I’m stressing about matching table cloths to display on the tables. Tying associated items together with pretty hand tied bows. Matching every pot with its exact lid (and yes, there are over 20 pot’s and lids) and organizing the coffee mugs by season, theme and or color. Grouping the kids clothing by outfits, then size then season. Thoroughly cleaning every item by hand. (I think I’ve gone thru three lint brushes and a whole bottle of Windex thus far.) The stuffed animals have to be washed, the adult clothing pressed and hung it all on hangers. The price tags have to be perfect. I have a list of tags with how-to suggestions for items that look obscure. Don’t even get me started on the Yard Sale posters. My poor kids are even being dragged into it with a coffee and lemonade stand complete with big pink piggy bank for the money they earn.

See, OCD at it’s finest. I haven’t been sleeping at night because I’m either figuring out a new way to organize the sale items or coming up with a new creative use for something I ‘found’ in the garage. My house is a cluttered mass of projects right now from all the things I have rescued. I know once this yard sale is over I’m going to stress over cleaning and de-cluttering my house. Purging for the next yard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment