Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oops! The laundry doesn't fall far from the tree

I posted yesterday about how last week I was spoiled by our visitor. She knows how much I absolutely hate laundry. So, while she was here she made it her mission to help out. She did one, if not two (I think even 3 one day) loads of laundry each day. I mean complete loads, washer, dryer, fold, hang AND put away. Unfortunately, she quickly realized that my laundry is self replicating. Once you close the laundry room door, the laundry does the nasty and multiplies. (I actually have proof of this phenomenon! My laundry is Dirty!)
Anyways, my wonderful house guest is now gone and I’m left with the ever mounting (pun intended) pile of laundry. To demonstrate the non-dirty side of the replicating process, I started taking pictures yesterday of my biggest laundry culprits. My girls change their clothes so many times a day and have so many clothes to fuel their changes that I’m convinced ½ my laundry is little girl dresses alone.

One

Two

Three, Four
 Five and Six



See, that’s just yesterday, and does not include the dresses they were wearing as I took the pictures or the jammies they put on after bath. So, that’s a total of: 10 pieces of clothing. See, that’s almost a whole load of laundry in its self!

However, here’s where the ‘oops’ comes into play. As I was wondering around the house with my camera, capturing the discarded clothing, I came upon this pile:

Here’s what it looks like untangled:
2 dresses, jeans and a shirt. Guess who’s they are?
Yea: Oops!
Their mine and it doesn’t include the jammie tank top set I was wearing at the time. The worst part? It was all from the same day. I woke up and put on the blue long dress, by mid day I took a shower and put on the short black one. After nap I had to go out (to get my sewing machine fixed) so I put on the jeans and t-shirt. When I got home it was blistering hot so I put on the tank top and shorts jammie set. So, that’s a total of 6 clothing items for me alone not including underclothing.

I wonder where my girls picked up the habit of changing clothes so often?

Oops!

I bet if I asked them, they have a perfectly logical reason for each outfit change. Don’t we women always have a reason?

I really thought I cleaned out our laundry a lot getting ready for the yard sale but it still feels like clothing is taking over our house. How do you keep on track with laundry? Do you have a routine for laundry that keeps you on top (no pun intended this time) of the laundry?

1 comment:

  1. I have no routine, I usually comes down to some needing underwear crisis! And God forbid if Curt runs out of sparkling white undershirts! These are the staples that have to get done. So I think the other stuff I might do it once a month in a marathon. I HATE LAUNDRY TOO!

    ReplyDelete