Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sickish kiddo

That’s it, I’m buying an otoscope. It’s that instrument Dr.’s use to look inside your ear and determine if you have an ear infection. Something’s wrong with Kenna. I don’t know what but given our hours and hours in the pool I suspect that she’s got an ear infection. I just wish I knew. The other option is a UTI. They’re common in potty training girls. I wish I had the otoscope so I could look and see if it was her ear.
She was fine this morning. We had a usual summer morning, breakfast, playing, clean up, lunch then nap. After nap we suited up and went to the pool. That’s when she freaked out. She got in the pool but after less than 5 min.’s she wanted out, was crying and acting like she was cold despite the 101 degree temperature. She sat pool side for a bit cuddled into a towel then Anthony offered to take her inside but she threw a tantrum when I didn’t leave with her. I could barely get her swim suit off before she fell asleep. By the time she woke up she was burning up. Poor girl.

She’s a bit better tonight after some ibuprofen but that’s only temporary. The part that sucks is tomorrow is Friday. That means I have to decide first thing tomorrow if I want to call the Dr. or wait out the weekend and risk ending up spending double at urgent care because she’s miserable. This happened last week too but with Hailey, I decided to stick it out with her since she never became lethargic, just a low fever. Hers went away by the next day but I have a feeling I’m not going to be that lucky this time.

I wonder if Kenna falling asleep so early last night had anything to do with this, maybe it was ‘brewing’ so to speak? Maybe I shouldn’t have gloated?

Thankfully I put a roast in the crock pot this morning and did most of my chores before this whole melt down so aside from our bed being unmade the house was relatively clean when Brad got home. At one point when Kenna fell asleep cuddled up with me on the couch I slipped out from under her and took a few min’s to spruce up the house and change out of my swim suit. It was starting to have a panic attack about not cleaning up a bit before he got home even though he knew I was cuddling a sick baby. Sad huh! I wonder what a 1950’s mom would have actually done? There’s always this image of ‘old time’ sick kids tucked into their bed, no tv, no radio, no mom cuddling them. At least I’m not that bad; I just ducked out for about 15 min’s to spruce up. She never even had the chance to miss me, I was cuddled back up with her after 15 min.'s, the house looked clean and dinner was ready when Brad got home. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment