Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am womanly hear me roar!

I sat down today, once again, to embroider, and once again, I was foiled. My embroidering machine was fixed yesterday on a rush order but they forgot to include my power cord when I picked it up. Of course I didn’t discover that until today when I opened it up. Oh well.

Instead, I spent the day in the garage, in 110 degree heat, sawing and sanding the wood crafting project I’ve been thinking about. I spent almost the entire day outside using power tools. (Does anyone else hear Tim Taylor doing that ridiculous grunt when you say power tools? No, oh well, just me then.) I still have a bit of sanding to do tomorrow but overall I’m really happy with the result so far. Want to see? I’ll give you a sneak preview of what I’m working on but that’s it.




v>
They’re going to be place mats or serving trays. I know it looks kind of plain right now but I think they’ll be pretty snazzy when I’m done. I’m making a set of 6.

I think once I get this set done for my crew, I’m going to make another set to give away here on the blog. What do you think? Anyone interested in a good ‘ol give away?

On a totally girly side note, I’ve wanted to try the new shellac manicures. They are supposed to last about 14 days. I love manicured nails, especially French tip manicures but acrylics aren’t practical for me and a regular manicure usually starts chipping off after just a day or two. I finally a chance to try the shellac when I was treated to a manicure and pedicure last Friday. (Yea!) The verdict? They have totally held up! I have been doing my normal cleaning; dishes, floors, toilets, picking kids noses and even worked today with power tools (queue Tool Man’s grunting) and sand paper. See:




Still perfect. The cost was about $10 more than a regular manicure and $10 less than acrylics. Manicures and Pedicures are not something I get often but I think I’ll stick with the shellac manicure next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment