Monday, March 21, 2011

A full house!

Today marks the beginning of spring break for my niece and nephew's school district so I offered to have the kids come spend some time here with us this week. Man is my house full with 7 kids! And you know what? I LOVE it! I could totally do this. I could have 7 kids.

(Now, check back with me after Wednesday when they go home, I may be blogging from the asylum)

I love our "little" family of 5 and we are officially done having any more kids but you know, if I could I would have had at least 2 more kids. I may have ended up more like octo-mom, doing it on my own as I'm pretty sure my husband would jump ship, but I'd seriously consider it none the less. I love kids, I love being a mom and I love having a full house.

That all being said, I'm done having more. I'm ready for the freedom that comes with older kids. Ready to be able to go out with out car seats, diaper bags, sippy cups etc... I would love to be able to go to a movie with the kids. Go to a restaurant for more than a rushed thru, who's gonna occupy the baby while the other scarf’s down their food, dinner. I want to be room-mom, den mom and things like that. It's too hard to do with babies. Finding a sitter is a pain in the butt, let alone finding one on a regular basis that either doesn't get burnt out or request your first born as payment. Besides, isn't the whole point of being a stay at home mom to not have to get a baby sitter for everyday tasks?

I can get my full house fix a couple times a year when I volunteer to have my nieces, nephews, cousins, neighbor kids, best friends kids and any other parent’s kids who need a break. The beauty of it? They all go home in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment