Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The aftermath of 7 kids

Oh yea, I could do this! No asylum for me this time. The kids were GREAT! Everyone was fed by 530, bathed by 630 and in bed asleep by 730. I kid you not! I only had to mandate one time-out the entire time, no broken bones, no hurt feelings, no hissy fits. I swear, if having 7 kids was like this all the time…Sign me up!

 (Anthony's the only one missing here because he still had school this week)

 Happy and ready for nap

Thank goodness for the trampoline and swing set though, they spent the entire day sun up to sun down outside playing. No wonder they were so tired, they played all day long! That is when they weren’t eating me out of house and home! Have you ever seen that Sponge Bob Square Pants episode with the nematodes? They go thru and just eat EVERYTHING in sight. I make breakfast, they clear their bowls, wait 5 and ask for more food same with lunch and dinner! That’s life with 7 kids. Oh and did I mention 7 kids and a broken dishwasher? Handwashing for me! I think that's earned me another manicure, what do you think?

They ate 4 lbs of carrots, 2 pineapples, 6 lbs of apples, 4 lbs of mangos and two bunches of bananas and that's not counting the boxes of cereal, loaves of bread and dinner fixings. All for 2 1/2 days.  At least it wasn’t candy, cookies and junk, but still, that’s a ton of food! They’re my nematodes!

(I'm so grateful for Bountiful Baskets, all but the apples were supplied from last weeks basket)



And this is what happens when you're a little boy in a house of girls....He got stuck in a pink jacket.


Ok, ready for some quiet time though. That’s one thing, it’s never quiet! Even during nap time, not everyone naps and at night one of the babies has night terrors (frown) so there are sounds constantly.

The rest of the week is pretty calm for me so I may not be posting much. We’ll see if life intervenes though.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you AGAIN Jen! It was so very nice to sleep in till 6:15 and go to work without fights, breakfast on the floor, kids wearing other kids clothes, dirty diapers, and constant crying. WHEW! I so loved my quiet time! I even got a 2 hour nap. LUCKY ME! Even my coworkers realized that I was more like myself.... I love you so much... THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time Riss! We had a great time! I can't wait for my week or two this summer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete