Sunday, July 24, 2011

On the road again

Sing it with me: On the road again, Just can’t wait to get on the road again…"
NOT!

Ok, that was lame but you get the picture. We’re back on the road again. This time we’re on our way to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with my dad and step-mom. My dad’s cousin has a house on the lake and he’s kind enough to share it with the family. It’s about a 9 hour drive from Dad’s to the lake but add the ‘pee-pee’ and ‘butt-massage’ breaks and we’re estimating 10 hours. I hope to make it to the lake in time to make a good dinner for Uncle Dick since he’s only going to be there with us tonight. I show appreciation thru food. It’s just my thing.

We got into Dad’s about 10p local time (8p home-time) on Friday night. The girls took a bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub then all three kids played their energy out with Uncle Marc, my little brother. Well, he's 23 so not little, but still my little brother.

Had some pizza and sang Happy Birthday to Susan. Dad had made her a yummy cake that we all inhaled.

Off to sleep!


Yesterday was great. We slept in, lazed around the house a bit then everyone was off exploring and playing. Grandpa took the girls and Anthony out on the ‘baby’ boat around the pond in his back yard.



Anthony even caught his first fish of the trip! He still doesn’t like touching them so Grandpa had to help with the release. SuSu (Grandma Susan’s nick name), Hailey and I went and got our nails done, a great way to start vacation!


We ran some errands and enjoyed a cold Wendy's Frosy. On a side note, I love the Walmart’s here. They are so clean, well organized and are just huge. The ones at home are so trashy! The Texas ones are like a high end department store by comparison. I could spend hours in these ones. I almost regretted not bringing my coupon binder but then again, where would I store all my deals?

Brad got to sleep in and take a nap so he was a happy camper by 3pm.
There were games of darts in the garrage:



 cards
 and chess

As well as more trips out to the pond. Susan and Dad made dinner and I made Blueberry Buckle (cobbler) for dessert.
At the dinner table everyone was telling jokes. Anthony was trying very hard to not tell any inapproperate ones since he knew we were at the table. Hailey however, tnot understanding the etiquette, yet old this joke:

“There was this animal who got a box, pee’d in it”….

*giggle, giggle*

“Then pooped in it”….

*giggle, giggle*

“Then wrapped it up like a present”…

*giggle, giggle*

Us: “And who was the present for?”

Hailey: *giggle, giggle* “Santa!!!”

 *giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle*

She then looked at us so expectantly that we all burst into laughter. That of course opened the flood gate for the fart jokes. Needless to say, Susan and I cleared the table.
My brothers birthday is this upcoming week and since he wasn’t going on to the lake with us we celebrated last night. I made a blueberry buckle at his request.  

Despite our intentions to stay up and play some poker with my brother, we were all pretty tired so after dessert we headed to bed. Anthony and Uncle Marc headed upstairs and apparently were up until 1 playing a board game, farting, laughing and in general being boys! Needless to say, they had a great time!

We were up bright and early this morning and actually made it out of the house right on track. We woke the girls up last since they had a bit of a rough night. Strange place, new bed, shared covers, etc. When I went in to get them up I said: “Good Morning girls! Ready to go to the lake?” Hailey jumped right up and was excited to get going. Makenna on the other hand, sat up, looked around, looked at me and said: “No Thanks” and proceeded to lay back down and pull the covers over her head. She takes after her mother. She was fine after some cuddle time with Mommy.

We’re currently 2 hrs into our drive and just entered into Oklahoma. Kenna has already learned the logo for the Loves Truck Stops and asks “this, this, this” whenever we pass one. So far, we’ve only been asked once “are we there yet?” Then again, Anthony is in the car with Grandpa and SuSu so by comparison, my count isn’t exactly accurate. J


No comments:

Post a Comment