Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My happy place

There are several places in this world I consider my happy place. My first and foremost is my head on Brad’s chest cuddled in bed at home. There are other, less sappy ones, but I’ll just skip to the happy place I’m currently celebrating life in.

Hailey and I on a SeaDoo (I have ALWAYS wanted one of these, my whole life, I could spend every day on one and never get tired of it. - My soul smiles when I get to ride one!)


The "little" boat

The dock hammoc - blissfull nap spot




The view from the dock:

Getting ready for a mid-lake swim:




Sun princesses:


Getting ready to fly at 60+ mph (it just makes you smile!)


Anthony just before tubbing:

See, a happy soul - my step-mom:

Bubbles!




I grew up going to the lakes in Arizona at least once a month during the summer. I forget just how bone deep my love of the water is. I feel at ease going 70mph in a boat down the lake. I feel free, utterly relaxed and jubilant (yes, jubilant!) laying in the water listing to the hum and splash of passing boats. The green tinted water is an oasis for me.

I have never been here, lake of the Ozarks, before but because of the boats, the faint smell of fishing tackle and playing in the water, I feel at home. That's not to say that this house is anything like my home. Its beyond words. Everyone has their own room and each room has its own balcony overlooking the lake. The kitchen is gourmet quality, the living room has a 3D TV and the whole back of the house is pained in crystal clear windows overlooking the lake.

We've been sleeping in (Brad and I trade off) then going out on the boat for 3 or 4 hours. We sightsee, swim and those that want to, or have the muscles to, can knee board, tube or skii. Lunch, then nap, then out onto the SeaDoo's for a few hours. Anthony is all about the big waves on the SeaDoo and the girls just giggle at the acceleration. They wait till we slow down, then yell "Vroom Vroom!" and we take off!

By the time the sun sets and we come in for dinner its around 9pm. We eat, laugh, clean up then play cards or some other game. The kids are beyond tired at that point. They bairly make it thru dinner and are at the giggly-tired stage.

Last night the girls started playing with Grandpa at the table. They were throwing cardboard coasters at each other. The video is a bit shaky because I was laughing so hard. This was about 20 min's into it but Makenna's laugh is just infectious:



We're enjoying it so much, we've decided to stay an extra day, we just cant leave. Instead of driving out Friday, we're going to try to move our hotel reservation to Saturday night and stay here Friday. My uncle will be back on Thursday and all day Friday and we're looking forward to spending more time with him.

This place is AMAZING, did I say that yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment