Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentines Day Craft

I saw a quote the other day on another mom-blog that said:

"I Didn't Choose to be a Stay at Home Mom to Clean the House."

It made me stop and think about the reasons I did choose to stay at home. Needless to say, I've been taking time-out from cleaning every day to play, read and create with the kids.

Today's craft came via Pintrest.com (my new web obsession-be warned, don't visit if you don't have hours to browse and subsequent hours to create what you've seen!)

Valentines Crayons

Start by unwrapping all your box-less, broken and past their prime crayons. The butter knife helps if you cant get the wrapper to come off. Next, break them up into small pieces. Its a great little kid job - they get a chance to revel in doing something they usually aren't suppose to do!





Place your little crayon bits into heart shape trays. I found these in the Target dollar section years ago but they have som variation every year. HOWEVER, as I unfortunately discovered, these are ICE cube trays, not intended for heat. I melted my two so now, thy will only be crayon molds. (Or trash given I hate holding onto unitaskers.)


Bake at 325 for 10 min until just melted. Let them cool completely then unmold.




We're going to do another set later this week and we plan on giving them to the girls friends at the Jungle Gym. (AKA the Gym)

I have a few more cute crafts for next week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment