Friday, January 6, 2012

Professional Photo Shoot

I swear, the gals (I assume somewhere at a JCPenneys far away there is a male photographer) that take the pictures have to be just about ½ crazy to do it. I would wager a bet that it’s part of the job application process; a psych evaluation.

Fail normal sanity?
Work at JCPenneys!

Now, don’t get me wrong, they’re not idiots or incapable of their job, it’s the exact opposite in fact. They are so patient, so kind and so “go with the flow” with so many screaming, non-participating, pain in the ass kids that they have to be 6 short of a dozen. That whole ignorance is bliss theory.

None of that takes into account the overly picky mothers, grandmothers and wana-be glamour-shots-rejects that then, after “she” has coaxed smiles and snapped pictures at lightning speed (capturing a fart that somehow distorted the kids face into a fake smile – all while pretending not to sniff), now has to suffer thru all the crop’s, touch up’s, fake holiday borders and sepia color changes. By the end of the photo shoot “she” sounds much more like an optometrist (number 1…or number 2? Better this….or This?) than a photographer yet I’m quite certain she is paid much, much less.

One circle of hell (for me) would certainly be being a JCPenney Photo girl.

That being said, our Angel with a Camera did a fantastic job taking our group of 4 adults, 2 grandparents and 3 children and turning us into a beautiful collage of family.


All of us: My Dad and Step-mom, my 5 and my brothers


Just the parents and kids

And one of the added borders, shaded backround, black and white, red-eye reduced, stray hair clipped out, just right but not gonna actually purchase, amalgamations:

The Grandparents and Grandkids

And finally, my classic 5.

See the lollie pop? Yep, I'm ok with it because she wasn't screaming. Plus, the look on her face is 100% genuine. "See - I scream, I get the lollie - nananabooboo!"

Its almost too bad Grannie (my mom) wasn't there with the can of whipped cream. Although, I can see a million ways that would have gone bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment