Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions

When I started thinking about my New Years resolutions there were so many things I wanted to accomplish but not all of them were worthy of a year’s devotion if that makes sense. My full year resolutions this year are:
  • Keep a journal, writing every night
  • Go to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week, every week
  • Do one Christmas gift craft every 6 weeks
  • Create or join a book club
As for the other ideas I had, I’ve decided to accomplish a monthly goal every month this year, a new goal each month. For example, this month, I want to touch/clean/de-clutter and organize every room and closet in my house. In the next 11 months I’m going to try some of the following goals:
  • Eat a vegetarian meal two times a week for a month
  • Run 60 miles in one month (3 miles a day 5 days a week)
  • Spend one day every week with no TV for a month (a summer month)
  • Post one new post every day for one month
  • Wash, dry and put away one load of laundry every day for a month
  • Go an entire month with out purchasing commercial bread, tortillas and pasta. Making my own homemade substitute.
  • Substitute one meal a week, for a month, with a new food – experimenting with recipes or restaurants featuring foods we’ve never tried
  • Write and send a new snail-mail letter or card every day for a month - kids helping

So far, that’s all I’ve come up with. I need 2 more goals. Anyone have any other ideas? What are your New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment