Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Almost done

My 'monthly resolution' for February is to do a complete load of laundry every day. (Have I mentioned how much I LOATH laundry? Yea, loath, hate isn't strong enough of a word.) My January resolution is to clean out a purge every space in my house. So far, I've purged the kids room, my room, my kitchen and most recently, in preparation for February, my laundry room and linen closet.

With the motivational help of my task master momma (Seriously, if I could rent out her crafting, organizational and motivational skills we'd be rich. For now, I'm just very grateful!) we gutted the laundry room, scrubbed every surface, re-arranged the washer, added a shelf, painted and made cute boxes for storage. It also took 17 loads of laundry at the laundry mat just to get to the floor!

After (but not quite complete)


I have been saving this ugly mirror for years and years. I loved the idea of it but it wasn't exactly my style. So, instead, I took the mirror out, repainted the frame and hand-painted a canvas with saying I found on Pintrest.*

Before



After (it's hard to see in this light but the frame is purple!)


And here's the linen closet after 2 garbage bag full of blankets donated to Goodwill.





*Have you found Pintrest.com yet? Go, now, trust me. But, don't blame me if you get lost in it for hours, or create a to-do list a mile long.

No comments:

Post a Comment