Friday, May 6, 2011

Randomness

I assume everyone understands my recent blogging absence is due to the whole death issue I posted about before. But if not, that’s why. My mother-in-law's sister did pass away, God rest her soul. Pappy, the stubborn ‘ol man, is still hanging in there. We’ve been spending a lot of time over at his house with him and his son's, Brad's dad and brother.  At this point, we are all hoping that his suffering ends soon. He is just miserable as is everyone watching the tumors eat away at him. Sometimes I think this is God’s way of having us left here on earth ‘want’ for our loved ones to pass. We hate seeing them suffer so we actually wish for death to claim them. It’s kind of God’s way of helping us cope. That’s not to say that a sudden death is any easier or harder, any death is painful and heartbreaking no matter how it’s dealt.  

Other than being with Pappy, I’ve had a lot of nervous energy so I’ve actually accomplished a bit this week. The accomplishments have all been random though. I’ve cleaned out my fridge, but not my freezer, baked cookies but not anything banana based even though I have a 30 lb box of bananas. I’ve scoured our bathroom but not our room. Done all the laundry but not put away the kids clothes. I’m a bit scattered this week. I spent all Tuesday in mega mode, moving constantly, feeling really accomplished but when Brad came home and asked what I did I couldn’t tell him what occupied my entire day. Sad huh!

This weekend we have the Centurions party. Its an annual themed party hosted by a group of local businesses, attended by over 2000 people and it’s a total blast! We look forward to it every year and despite everything else, this year is no exception. This year’s theme is Prohibition. I don’t think the guys are going to dress up but Sasha and I are going as flappers. I’m making the costumes for us so check back and I’ll share a picture or two. Assuming I don’t screw them up royally!

Sunday is also Mothers day as I’m sure everyone is aware. I love that Centurions is Saturday night and Mothers day is Sunday. That means I get to sleep in! Yeppie! We’re having dinner here Sunday evening which means Brad’s grilling something yummy. Not sure what yet, I’m sure in our inebriated state Saturday night we’ll come up with something yummy.

The kids are unfortunately doing the babysitter shuffle as I spend time over at Pappys but fortunately they’re having a good time with Aunt Sasha, grandparents and cousins. I don’t think Anthony is coping well with all the drama. I got a note from his teacher yesterday saying that he’s beginning to act out in class. I talked to him a bit last night when I got home but we promised to spend some time together this weekend talking. He said that he’s having a hard time doing his work because all he wants to do is be outside playing. For Anthony, that means his brain’s in overload. He spends hours outside at our house walking around the swing set and swinging while thinking and talking to himself. Sometimes he’s re-enacting movies or books, sometimes he’s working thru a math problem or science question, but sometimes I think he’s dealing with deeper issues too. My guess is that he’s having a hard time coping with everything and unconsciously he wants time outside to sort it all out. Hopefully we can get him thru the last few weeks of school with out further incident and work on other coping mechanisms this summer. Fifth grade is going to be even more self-directed than fourth and he’s going to start being influenced by hormones and girls pretty soon. He’s going to need some serious coping abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment