Monday, May 23, 2011

Moving but getting no where

I haven't sat down all day! I've been cleaning, reorganizing and purging. Can someone explain to me why my house looks like nothing got done? Really, if I knew it was still going to look like this by 8:30 I would have just sat on my butt and read my book all day. Instead, I worked all day and it only looks like I did nothing. Usually I strive for the opposite. Doing nothing all day except a few min's of cleaning only to have it look spotless! Ugh!

I'm sure there is some positive end of the tunnel, completing goal satisfaction I should be feeling right now but instead my anxiety is up because Brad is due home soon and the house looks messy! At least I have a good dinner waiting for him! Considering it's a crock pot meal though I can't even pat myself on the back because truly I didn't cook, Mrs. Crock Pot did.

Maybe if I lit a few candles and offered him a shoulder massage while he ate he wouldn't notice the laundry on the couch (I'm still mid fold) the floors that haven been vacuumed, the three huge laundry bins full of toys and junk I haven't sorted out or the boxes of trash that are residing in each room as I continually purge.

Would it be too weird to ask him to eat blindfolded?

If I could just get him to the bedroom I'd be in the clear. (No, dirty minds, not for 'that' reason) That's the only room that looks clean right now. I still haven't purged it yet which means I didn't move the bed, let the closet vomit onto the floor or dump out the bedside tables.

I hate spring cleaning; I love a spring cleaned house!


No comments:

Post a Comment