Tuesday, May 17, 2011

All day meatballs in under an hour

Today was a great day. We went back to music class for the first time in over a month and the girls were very engaged. Usually I have to chase one or the other around the store and defuse at least one melt down, but not today. Kenna did wonder off a bit after a trip to the bathroom but I don't count that since music class was technically over.

After class the girls and I surprised Brad and took him out to lunch. We didn't get home till after 1, so nap time was a bit late. Since the girls didn't get up till 4 from nap, we had a late dinner and watched a family movie. The girls and I also did our nails while we watched.

I put the spaghetti sauce in the crock pot early this morning but the meat for the meatballs was still frozen so I just planned on making them after music class. Given that we didn't get home till 1 or up till 4 (yes, I capitalized on nap time too!) I needed to make them fast.

All day meatballs in under an hour

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 small onion, graded
2-3 garlic cloves, graded
2 tbsp dried oregano
1/4 cup itallian seasoning
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup tomato sauce


Heat oven to 375. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce from your crock pot and let cool.

(You don't make your own sauce? You really should, but if not, put two jars of your favorite commercial sauce into a crock pot on low with 1/4 cup itallian seasoning and 2 tsp sugar and let simmer for 4-6 hrs - trust me!)

Mix all ingredients, shape into meatballs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 min's then add to the crock pot with the sauce. Let cook for at least 30 min's. The longer they simmer in the sauce the better! Prefect!





No comments:

Post a Comment