Tuesday, May 24, 2011

End of the school year

I'm so excited for the end of the school year. Every year I look forward to the lazy days of summer. No bed time, no alarm clocks, swimming and camping trips. Every year by the time summer is over I look forward to structure, schedules, routine and cold weather.
Anthony has an annual end of school party with his buddy's so we have that to look forward to on Thursday. He wants homemade pizzas, homemade chips and a brownie sunday bar with homemade ice cream. Yum! I think I'm spoiling the poor kid! I'll probably make the sauce, brownies and ice cream tomorrow and the dough Thursday.

Anthony is taking two classes this summer, a rock climbing and speed stacking and we are renting a xylophone for him to learn. The classes are just fun one week courses and the xylophone was part of his new years resolution for himself. In 5th grade kids have the option of joining band and that's the instrument he wants to learn. We also decided to continue his 4th grade money management lessons this summer so him and Alana (who spends most summer days with us) will be getting a check register to record their earnings and expenses. I'm making up a list of how much they will "get paid" for chores, extras, and achievements. There will also be payments due for electricity, computer usage, swimming, special dinners, etc. They will have the choice to start a savings register as well and at the end of each month Dad and I will match the savings money into a real savings account. At the end of each month they get to cash in for real money and go shopping.

Sounds like a really structured no fun summer huh! I'm a mean mom, but I promise they look forward to summer every year!



No comments:

Post a Comment