Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rainy days

Rainy days are rare around this part of the desert so it's hard to not stop and enjoy them when they occur. The past 10 days or so have been off and on rainy and although I was sick a few of those days I have not yet had a chance to cuddle up and enjoy. Today, I took that chance. Kenna was extremely whiney from the moment she woke up so to appease her and pamper my inner laziness, we cuddled on the couch all day. It was blissful. We watched cartoons, ate junk food, played and took a long nap with the window open to the drizzling rain.

I woke this morning with determination in my step. I drank my coffee and wrote my daily list. (Does anyone else do this? I'm a huge list person, if I have to motivate myself or just organize my head, I make lists.) Todays list included sewing, clipping and organizing coupons for a mega shopping trip, taking pictures of Anthony's room and sanding my crafting hutch.

I accomplished none of them.

Instead I made my big kids (Anthony and Alana) laugh, snuggled my little girls, read a steamy romance and enjoyed a blissfully lazy day.

Tomorrow, oh tomorrow, Friday. I get to run full speed into yesterday's list, add in 50-60 Oreo truffles, laundry and cleaning up for the weekend. Plus, Brad and I get a date night so somewhere in there I have to wash away the housewife and primp myself into date material. If I hadn't been lazy all day today I'd be exhausted just thinking about tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment