Monday, August 22, 2011

She’ll run the house


I swear, this child never ceases to amaze me.

I never want one of my kids to be sick, but today, after puking in her car seat in the parking lot of the gym, Makenna is actually calm, subdued and cuddly. I kind of like it.

This past week, she has shown her IT prowess in full force.

Friday afternoon after nap, she was taking her turn on my Ipad for a bit. Next thing I know I hear Brad’s voice.

Me: “Brad?”

Brad: “Yes?”

Me: “Where are you?”

Brad: “Here!”

Me: “Yea, that helps”

Makenna: “Ipad momma, I call Daddy!”

She then hands me my Ipad on which she had opened up my Skype, found Brad’s contact (that does not have his picture so it’s not like she figured it out from that) then called him.

Later that night, Brad, Anthony and I were watching Star Trek (dorks, I know – we love it) on the living room TV and next thing I know, I hear Strawberry Shortcake on the game TV. I didn’t recall any of us getting up to put it on.

Me: “Anthony did you put on Netflix for the girls?”

Anthony: “No, I’ve been sitting here the whole time.”

So I walked over to the futon where the girls were perched with their blankets happily watching Strawberry Shortcake on Netflix for the Wii.

Me: “Hailey, did you turn this on?”

Hailey: “Nope, Kenna did.”

Kenna, holding the Wii-mote and nun chuck: “Bear-berry!”

She somehow turned on the TV and Wii, switched the input to the correct channel, maneuvered the Wii remote to the Netflix channel and selected Strawberry Shortcake. I’m not entirely sure I can do that! Guess next time I should just ask my 2 year old.

Then, on Saturday, before we took the kids to my sister-in-law’s, Brad let me sleep in while he picked up our Bountiful Baskets. In an attempt to keep Makenna busy and not poking me every 5 min’s, I told her she could play with my Ipad. Not an uncommon occurrence, she plays with it almost every day. I have learned to lock down the apps so she can’t delete them (I got tired of losing my facebook and such) and make it so she can’t purchase any apps either. However, when I did get my booty out of bed, I went to reclaim my Ipad only to discover that she was typing an email to Brad. She knew it too, I asked her what she was doing and she said: “Dad!”

Oy! This girl is going to rule this roost. Thank goodness we don’t have one of those fully automated houses (yet) or she’d, set the thermostat, auto cook some hotdogs, lock us all out and have a cartoon marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment