Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Letting my inner lazy out.

“Today I don’t feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed.”

(Lyrics from Bruno Mars: The Lazy Song)

Yea, that’s me today, not gonna do any thing, well, I’m going to download a new book and if my day goes to plan, I’m going to read the entire thing today. Yesterday’s mega cooking day was exhausting both physically and mentally for oh so many reasons that I am giving up on today and just going to let my inner lazy out. Thankfully I cleaned up the entire house, did all the laundry and micro-scrubbed the kitchen on Monday so the damage from one lazy day isn’t going to be massive. I still have a million and one things to do before next week but I just can’t muster up the enthusiasm to care today. I’m going to curl up in my reading chair and let my kids vegg out with Sponge Bob.

It actually takes mental effort for me to be lazy. I’m sitting on the sofa right now and there are three pieces of trash on the floor, the mixer is still out from when I unloaded last night and I think the breakfast dishes are still on the counter. I actually need to distract myself in order to not focus on cleaning up, hence the book for today. A good ‘ol trashy, sappy, girly romance ought to be a perfect source of distraction. Lets hope the house doesn’t fall apart from one day of laziness…

No comments:

Post a Comment