Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloween

I absolutely love Halloween! I love decorating for it, coming up with creepy food and costumes. This week I hosted BUNCO on Wednesday and a party last night so my house is totally decked out.








My creepy apothecary center piece.



These specimen jars are all over my kitchen and fridge.



One of my favorite things to decorate with is black cut-out's. They're extremely budget friendly, super cute and reusable. The only potential downside is that they're time consuming to cut. Several years back I spent an entire weekend at the kitchen table with my cutting mat, an exact-o knife and several sheets of black and purple poster board cutting out all new decorations. I cut over 100 each of bats, rats and ghosts. I even cut haunted houses with open windows that I backed in yellow so they "glowed." (OCD remember?) I love the rats, they are running all around the baseboards in my house.


Anyone hungry?
Kitty litter cake...








Brains in a cup?


Yum!


I'll share more pictures, some gross recipes and party games in another post soon. For now, after the hospital last weekend, cleaning and cooking for BUNCO and the party, plus Anthony's school festival on Friday night I'm exhausted. I even canceled on going to the pumpkin patch today because I just couldn't muster up the energy. Considering the girls carved pumpkins for the party last night and Anthony loathes carving them it's not a tragedy to cancel but I've always wanted to take them and we were going with another family. Sometimes though, I just can't do it all. I needed today off.

Well, sort of off. I still have a bit of party clean up and I have to show a CL item tonight plus finish the laundry that Glenda the Good witch started for me yesterday. Oh well, sort of an off day.

No comments:

Post a Comment